Sunday, October 12, 2008

Aggression, Attraction, Conflict, Altruism

Agression: Sometimes when I did something I was told to do and people said I didn't do it so I put up an argument against them. For example, when I took out the laundry from the dryer, my mom thought it was still down the basement so I got angry and showed here that I already took the laundry out. Also, I can't stand loud people talking over my shoulders when I'm waiting in a line (like at Seabreeze). I wanted to turn around and say "shut up" but that would make all other people stare at me and I'm usually a nice person. This led to my frustration-agression principle, since I couldn't walk away nor yell things back at people. Also, ingroup bias is present in this case, because those loud people wouldn't let other people in their conversation but they just talk among themselves.

Conflict: I usually have conflicts with my older sister. Sometimes she wants me to take AP classes either to torture me or to help me going to a good college... Whenever I'm watching a TV show I like, she comes up and changes the channel. This is called a social trap since she wants to watch something against my liking for her own benefit. My sister complains when I spent like 10$ on a shirt while she spends 300$ on a new lap top and that's ok since it's for school work and hw :D. This just-world phenomenon leads to me believing that there's only some justice in the world.

6 comments:

Ally said...

I am like you, I get mad when my mom doesn't believe I actaully did something. My frustration-agression side gets out. With the conflict, older sisters are unfair. Mine calls me dumb, they will never change.

kenzdmotte said...

I have an older sister, so I definitely understand where your frustration towards her comes from. My mom is a pain too. Sometimes I wish she would believe I know what I'm doing rather than second guessing me all the time. It's what moms do.

Kelsey said...

I have the same problem with my mom, and my sisters.
My mom is constantly nagging me about everything and its really obnoxious.

mismatched socks said...

I have that exact problem with my older brothers. I feel like I'm never as good as them. My mom always nags me about that.

This is anna austin, btw. not just some creeper.

Shanswi said...

Oh, siblings. Aren't they peachy? I can relate to your sister-involving conflict, though hopefully with age you will both learn to coexist peacefully... maybe... probably not... *cough* so anyway it's a real nice day today...

Katie said...

My moms the same way! She always accuses me of things without actually knowing what she's talking about ahha! it's definently very frusterating especially when she doesnt believe i actually did something.